Saturday, February 25, 2012

Our Lenten Journey

I can’t believe how fast Lent came this year! Jiminy Crickets, time just flies by with a blink of an eye at my house. I feel like I just put away our Christmas decoration that ends our Advent Season. Unlike last year, I have put some thought into how we will celebrate the Lenten Season this year. I will say it won’t be a big extravagant season filled to the brim with crafts, baking and never ending Lenten activities. I am at the point in my life that I am seeking simplicity. My hubbies favorite saying is “Keep it simple, stupid.” Although not the nicest verbiage to choose in getting his point across, he was in the Marines for 22 years so I have come to expect that jar head mentality to his articulateness. However, what he says makes perfect since. I read a lot of blogs ( Captain calls me a stage 5 blog stalker) and I have found 1000’s of ideas that one could do during the Lenten Season, and I have that personality that I do WANT to do it all, but realistically I simply can’t do it all. Quite honestly, I don’t even want to try to fill our days with busy activities that end up pulling us further away from the purpose of Lent. I want, long for and crave simplicity this time of year. I feel its God’s way of whispering to me to slow down and listen to what He has to say during this Holy time of the year. Our Lenten plans this year will be simplistic, allowing us time to reflect for 40 days on penitence, almsgiving and reverence.

40 Bags in 40 Days
Holy Heroes
Lenten Countdown
Door Cross
Stations of the Cross
Lenten book
Votives



No comments:

Post a Comment