Friday, February 17, 2012

Life without a laptop

I am very lost without my computer to say the least. It has officially been months since I have had a working laptop; however, I am still not use to living without it. I feel like a good chunk of my life is on that unusable piece of machine, mostly cherished photos. One of my little angels forgot it was plugged into the wall and while ungracefully attempting to stand up; he ripped the plug out of the laptop. I had hubby take it into the computer shop and he was told we had to replace the power cord input. It would cost us 200 plus to fix my 300-dollar computer, so we opted to wait until some extra cash came in. (nine people at home, extra cash flow is just unheard of)
Last week hubby took the computer into another repair shop to see how much they would charge to fix it. About 20 minutes later we received a call from the shop saying its not the power jack, but the power cord that is bad. The repair would cost us the price of a new cord, which is about 20 dollars, not 200 plus. (I am still bothered by the fact that people want to rip off others by charging them for repairs that are unnecessary. Had we not looked into the other shop, we would have never known that it wasn’t the power jack that was damaged.) So, the bottom line is I have to wait another week or so for the charger to come in and I should have a functional laptop once again. In the mean time I won’t be able to post photos (boy do I have tons of those) on my blog, as our prehistoric Dell computer refuses too corporate with my camera and allow down loads.



No comments:

Post a Comment