Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just One of Those Day's

Okay, so I have had “One of Those” kind of days today. I have accepted the fact that I cannot help Bookworm heal on my own and have decided that it was time to head back too Attachment Thera-play with her. I have read books, Blogs and multiple websites and I know I can’t do this whole RADS thing on my own. So, I called the counseling center and what do I find out after speaking with Miss M, the therapist? Well, it seems that the Social Worker-whom is looking out for the best interest of Bookworm, plans to pull her from our house and Miss M also stated that she was informed of this up-coming move in February. Mind you, that SW has only met with Bookworm once (In November) for maybe 20 minutes (BIG MAYBE HERE) in the last six or seven months since she has had this case. SW said today while speaking about this new revelation with my hubby, “You seem real mad about this!” Do you think I am pissed about this? Um Hello, Seriously, you have to ask if we are “MAD” about this information. Did I mention that this news did NOT come from SW personally or that everyone else in the world knew of this since last month-except for us? Good thing the phone was between us today or I might have just reached out and freely given a big “LOVE TAP” too SW's forehead. (Around here we call that Jewish love after Hubbies family) Can these people be for real when it comes to the children’s lives that they are playing “God” with? Attachment issues do not come from keeping children in long term placements with families that love them and who truly want them to heal from years (9 ½ years in our case) of abuse and neglect. Seriously!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment